SUPPORT FOR THE LOVED ONES OF THOSE IN PRISONs IN THE UK
Reasons they may not have called:
- There may have been a queue for the phone.
- Everyone may be locked up for the day for one reason or another.
- They may be waiting for their credit to go onto their account.
- Maybe they've had a bad day (it's perfectly understandable to not always be in the mood to talk).
- Maybe they're simply planning on calling tomorrow?
- Perhaps they have been moved down to 'basic' status and so have less access to a phone (this isn't necessarily something to panic about, there are a variety of reasons someone could be put on basic).
- Many inmates deal with their sentence by not keeping track of time. Whilst on the outside we may have a countdown app on our phones and a calendar on which we mark every time their ring, on the inside they may be doing their best to not keep track of the days in order to make things go quicker. This could mean that you might get two phone calls in a row or one a week and they won't realise the difference as they have no concept of time. Be aware that they don't necessarily follow time like we do and be as understanding as you can be, however frustrating it may be.